Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 2, 2014 email

Hey there everyone!

Sounds like you are all keeping busy and have loads of stuff to do.We have been pretty busy ourselves. My new companion is actually the trainer of one of my MTC companions. Elder Larsen has been out for close to 18 months now and has helped me a ton. He is senior companion, but since I have been in the area the longest, he is having me run things here for the next few weeks. His goal this transfer is to make me a leader and to help me become more use to mission life. He has already helped to get four set appointments with members present for this week and we've been striving to get new investigators like crazy. He is here to help clean up the area and to get the missionary work back on top. 

Currently, we have an investigator with a baptismal date and we are so stoked for him. He only has a few more lessons to take and he will be good to go. He was taught by missionaries before and saw one of his friends get baptized. That experience has helped him to really see that he needs this in his life. It goes to show that we should never give up on someone because they feel that they aren't ready. The seed is planted and is waiting to be nourished by the Lords servants and that sooner or later, they will grow strong in the gospel and in the faith of Jesus Christ. 

I love you all and hope to hear from you next week.

Love

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment