Monday, January 18, 2016

January 11, 2016 Email

Hey Fam! It's great to hear you all are doing well!

The week here was interesting to say the least. One of the first lessons we had was a Hmong lady that didn't speak any English so I was sitting there wondering what the heck is being taught. I told my companion when we first started going out visiting that he better be teaching the correct principles, cause I sure as heck can't correct
you on this one. Haha! It's good working with these people though.  They are very accepting of the gospel and are humble enough to want to make these changes in there life. 

A sample of the language Mitchell's companion is speaking--yikes!!!!

We also cover an English Ward here too so that's a bit of relief from not knowing what is being said. The week went kinda slow but we had some good work done here. We do something here on Wednesdays called a Hmong class. Here, Elder Fitzgerald teaches people how to speak Hmong so they can better help in the ward and their progression. Sunday was interesting because we set up for Elder Fitzgerald to have a translator mic to help the older Hmong members understand sacrament meeting. In total these next five weeks are going to be very interesting. 

I also got today a letter from President Marston informing me of all that will be happening prior to the departure. So you can probably imagine the amount of trunkiness I am experiencing right now.

Trunky:  A slang term used among Mormon missionaries, describing a missionary who is excited about returning home as "trunky" as he has already packed his trunk

Well that's all I got for you this week. I hope to hear from you guys next week that will be informing you of all that will be happening.

Love

Elder Mitchell Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment