Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March 31, 2014 email

 
Hey Smith's:

I hear there is quite the bit of snow up there. I guess what ever rain comes from California some how ends up being snow by the time it hits Montana. We've been getting quite a bit of rain here recently; and that's good, don't get me wrong, but when you're biking in some heavy down pour with no fenders during an exchange, it can get pretty miserable out here.

That stinks to hear that seminary is getting canceled so much due to the snow. Seminary is the best way to stay close to God everyday. It's helped me through so many things in life and has reminded me of the gift that Heavenly Father gave to us and to grow closer to him. It's cool to hear everyone is doing well. Stockton better keep up on his practicing if he wants to keep going in Tri-County band. I was really bummed to hear they have practice for the play at 6:30 in the morning.
Just be sure to be teaching him all the seminary lessons when it's possible. Sorry to hear that you broke your wrist Parker. Just don't do anything else that could put you out of a sport. Hope Briggz is doing well in Lego League. It's gonna be tough to start baseball in that weather though.

I have had several great experiences here in Rio Linda. We had a family come to church yesterday and had them attend all the meetings. At the end of the third hour, we had one of the investigators come up to us and say, "The first time I came to church, I thought that all these people weren't actually people, if that makes sense. But today, there were actual people here to greet us and to help us out." That was one of the coolest experiences I've had happen out here so far. It
shows that we are doing our part and it shows that the members are doing their part in welcoming and befriending our investigators.

Stay warm and keep praying. I love you all and I will always have you in my prayers and my thoughts.

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment