Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 9, 2015 Email



Hey Fam! It's great to hear you're all staying busy and having some good times. It's awesome that Stockton keeps going to the mission prep classes and is determined to serve. I still think it's uncool that they are having musicals and I'm not there to be a part of them. Hopefully Parker will keep up on the sports since b-ball is getting done and over with. It's cool to hear Brigs is getting into music and is having fun in it. It's good to hear your back is getting better mom. I started lifting again out here and my back was hurting for a while. Hopefully dad doesn't go crazy with all the work he's got to do. It would be tough to work like that and deal with having new stores up while dealing with other things at work. 

This week has been awesome. I got into Oroville on Tuesday and met my new companion, Elder Laulu. He's been out for 3 months now so that means that I'm "Greenie Breaking" him. He was trained by a missionary that just went home and he is doing well. He is a Samoan and is loads of fun to work with. I've been put into a car area, finally. I was a little questionable on getting back into driving since I've been on a bike for a year, but within a few days I got back into it and have enjoyed it since we've been having some rain a few days of the week.

(not actually Mitch and his companion, but it could be a close estimate of their happiness at being in a car)

The area has lots of good work here and is full of awesome members and a few non-members in part member families. One non-member was able to look at Elder Laulu's bike that broke and he fixed it up for him. We also have a super cool bishop who lets us use his gym/weight room that he made and it is a great way to stay in shape. The ward does a great job with feeding us here and has a few members that would feed us or get dinner for us if we needed it. One time we got out of a lesson and we didn't have a dinner appointment that night. We went over to a members home to let them now about some plans made in the week and the subject of dinner came up and they took us out to dinner at this pretty good restaurant close by our house. The members are awesome and the work is good. What more can you ask for?

Well, that's all I've got for ya this week. I wish you the best of luck and hope you know that I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment