Wednesday, September 17, 2014

August 25, 2014 Email



Hey there! 

It's great to hear you're all doing well. I still remember running in Pony and how it was always a great first race to start off the season. Hopefully Parker is able to get into the games more than I did. Do well at cross country Stockton and Brigham, it's fun and a great place to meet friends. Have fun in school and trekking on. 

This week has been pretty hectic with transfers and getting use to the area. Half of the week was spent getting everything ready for the transfer and the three hour drive to Redding. My new companion is Elder Briggs. He is from Austin, Texas and has been out on his mission no longer than two months than me. He is currently a visa waiter for a mission in Brazil and has some things to take care of before he can head into Brazil through the government. He's a pretty cool guy and we get along well, which makes it easy on me compared to my last companion who wouldn't stop pestering me. The area isn't as big as my last, but it's got some crazy hills to make up for the loss of travel distance. Thankfully I made it here when winter is about to come into California. My last companion was telling me of when he was up here in the summer. It would get to 118 and how the heat would start to melt the tires on his bike from the heat. Here, it's suppose to be cooler in the winter with rain and clouds to cool off the area. That should be amazing while I'm here so I can actually survive. The people here are really cool here and there are a few people on date for us, so we're hoping they keep to the commitments we give them. 

I love you all and I wish you all the best of luck and comfort. You are all in my prayers and hope you all have a wonderful week. 

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment