Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 2, 2014 Email


Hey! It's great to hear you had a great Labor Day this year. Those events that the Fowler's have are pretty fun when they have them. It gets the people in the area to know each other well and build friendships with members and others as well. Sorry I didn't get to you guys yesterday. We were up in Shasta Lake area and went on a hike to a view point of Mt Shasta. It was a good 2 1/2 mile hike up and was like home. All the pines and the mountains around me made it feel like I was hiking on the Mystic Lake trail. We were up there all day and had a great time, aside from the fact that a sister missionary rolled her ankle near the top. She made it down the mountain and got it wrapped so it could start healing, so she will be fine. We were actually going to go through some lava tubes that you could crawl through to some caves. We didn't do that yesterday so we'll be doing that next week and I'm stoked to go. 

The people from California weren't lying when they said it can get crazy hot here. I've gone through high 90's out here on bike and in some 100's. When I got into the mission at first, I thought it would be cooler up here as well, then my last companion made me think otherwise. Other than that, we've had some good luck with our people and with the Ward. We have someone on date for this weekend so we hope to help them out with that. We have a couple others in date, but that won't be for a while. Everyone else we still need to work with and have been working with the Ward as well. So this week has been super busy and filled with hear, but it gets okay after we relax at the end of the day. 

Hope to hear from you next week and wish you the best. I love you all and always have you in my prayers. Talk to ya. 

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment