Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 1, 2014 Email



Hey Fam! It's great to hear you're all doing well. It seems you've been getting some cold but interesting weather up there. The weather down here is wet and cold for several days in a row now. Since that first big rain storm we had, it's been like this non-stop. We need the rain though. Shasta Lake, a lake close to us that usually supplies water, is really low so it's required that it rains a lot here. 

The week went by really fast for us. Early in the week we had some meetings that lasted for most of the day. Wednesday was kind of a slow day for us, so we had to do some finding. Thursday was Thanksgiving, so we cleaned the church building for most of the morning. Elder Briggs and I waited until dinner playing battleship since we can't actively proselyte then took off for dinner at a member's house with several family members. Then we went in early and planned for the week and to finish off the night, we played a game of monopoly where I came in second. 

Saturday we went on exchanges and had a great experience with this one less-active member. We read from the Book of Mormon and we had a great time with him. Sunday was a great Sabbath day. Elder Briggs and I sang an arrangement of "Be Still, My Soul" and we had several people come up to us and say they loved it. I also got your package today and I loved it. It was awesome and I love the hat. 

Well I hope you all have a great time this week and I love you all. 

Love
Elder Smith

  1. 1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
    With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
    Leave to thy God to order and provide;
    In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
    Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
    Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
  2. 2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
    To guide the future as he has the past.
    Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
    All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
    Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
    His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
  3. 3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
    When we shall be forever with the Lord,
    When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
    Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
    Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
    All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment