Wednesday, December 17, 2014

October 13, 2014 Email



Hey Fam! It's great to hear from you. Sounds like you all had a great week and have some great plans for next week. I would strongly encourage you all to watch Meet the Mormons this week. There's a reason it had a sell out when it first went into theaters. I heard that a few theaters around the states that had sell outs, so it's great that the general authorities had the inspiration to put it out to the public. 

It's great to hear Stockton is preparing so hard for a mission. I wouldn't have been able to do what he did in Media class. Way to go bro! It's exciting to hear that cross country will be going to state. Run hard in the last race Briggz to finish the season strong and with a high bar for others to reach. Keep striving to push yourselves Stockton and Parker, in this next race and in State. I hope your getting better Mom. I haven't heard anything from ya about your eye and whether it's getting better or worse. Just curious. 

Also, I forgot to thank you guys for the package you sent for conference.  It was great and Elder Briggs loved the little notes on all the stuff. It seems pretty cool in the mountains where we hunt Dad. I actually miss the snow and the cold it brings to my face. But I'm gonna hate it for a while when I get back home from adjusting to California temperature. 

This week was an interesting week for us here. The beginning of the week started with Zone Meetings and Interviews with the Mission President on how we are doing. Interviews took up most of the day, so we were mostly at the church the whole day. The next day was slow with people not being home and/or busy with other things. He next day, we got out to a lesson and had a great experience with teaching Terri. Unfortunately, my tire got a nasty flat while we were having the lesson so we walked back home which was about 3-3 1/2 miles away. It was long but got to have a good time talking to Elder Briggs. I had to go get some more patches since I ran out patching Briggs's tire since he didn't know how it was done. Being out here teaches a lot to be prepared and to learn fast. Funny thing is is that after I got patches to repair my tire, we found that Briggs had a flat as well. So we repaired that and went about doing the work. Later that night, after a lesson with some investigators, the valve on Briggs's tire which he just patched had blown up on him. So we to go back to the bike shop again tomorrow to get a brand new tube before we can really go far. So a few days of flats and some lessons made it a pretty interesting week for us. 

I hope you all have a great week this week and a great time together. I have you in my prayers and I love you all. Talk to ya next week. 

Love
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment